Brockham Green Horticultural Society
With origins before 1900, the Brockham Green Horticultural Society (BGHS) has a proud history of encouraging horticulture within our three villages, originally with annual Flower Shows and more recently with events across the year:
- Talks, delivered by outside speakers are held in the darker months at the beginning of each year and recent subjects have included birds of prey, keeping chickens, the secret life of the mole, plus regular gardening tips and advice;
- A plant sale is held in May;
- Members only open garden events;
- The Autumn Show in September is the highlight of the gardening calendar – an opportunity for members to exhibit the beautiful plants and vegetables they have nurtured over the year. There are also classes for crafts, cookery, photography and children; and
- The November AGM provides an opportunity for members to hear an official report from the Committee and a chance to air their views.
Event posters are published on this website’s events calendar and topical /seasonal updates are published on this page – please scroll down!
BGHS is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society and the Surrey Horticultural Federation. The Society is keen to promote the many advantages of gardening as widely as possible and is for everyone, regardless of age, experience or the size of garden.
If you would like to join BGHS please send us an email to ask for more details. Membership is £5 per person and members receive 10% discount on plants at Buckland Nurseries.
Dates For Your Diary
Christmas Workshop—where you can make either a wreath or table centre piece for a candle. It proved very popular last year. It will be running on Saturday 2nd December 10am to 12 Noon. Please send us an email to book your place.
Our AGM -will be held on Monday 4th December from 19:30 at Brockham Village Hall.
2024 talks, all of which will be delivered in Brockham Village Hall and start at 19:30. Everyone welcome, Members £3 Non-Members £5. Refreshments served:
- Monday 19th February 2024 Bat Ecology and Conservation
- Monday 18th March 2024 Women Gardeners of the 20th Century
- Monday 15th April 2024 Plant Heritage and the National Plant Collection Scheme